Friday, July 31, 2015

Hank Johnson, D-GA4, Mr. "we gonna tip that island over if we stock up our military equipment" himself, took to the floor of the House to lambaste our nations police officers... again. Johnson said, "“People around the country agree that police killings undermine the efforts of good police and break the trust between police and their communities. * “The challenges black men face are real, but I was humbled to learn how unequal justice affects black women. Black women are the fastest growing prison population and their stories must be told if we are going to break this trend. “Mr. Speaker, it is open season on all Americans.” -- You know... police officers are not the problem in most cases.. in fact, very few cases.. If "all Americans" were taught to respect our laws, our neighbors, and the uniforms of law enforcement officers, prison populations would drop, our courts would be smoother running, the streets of cities would be safe to walk, and confrontations between citizens/"guests" would be minimal.

---
Does anyone believe the investment ad by TYJYoung.com that in 2008 none of its investors lost money? I find it hard to accept that every TYJYoung.com investors were 100% invested with this company, and TYJYoung.com is such a "market timer" that his company had every one "short" in bad markets, and "long" in "bull markets".

---
From the "it could happen to you, too" department: After my experience at McDonald's (Bradley Park Drive in Columbus, GA) yesterday, I'm getting a grasp on revenue/sales problems the corporation is having. Following a busy early morning "getting things done" tour preparing to take off to Athens for a night, I pulled into the McD's "drive through" and ordered a breakfast sandwich. After the sticker shock of it now being $3.45 (w/tax), I pulled into the pay/pick-up line. As I slowly inched up the way, I noticed on car already pulled ahead of the pick-up window obviously waiting for their order. Two more cars in front of me got their orders and pulled off, and that earlier mentioned car was still waiting. I gave my money to the nice window clerk, and she cheerfully asked me to pull up as my order wasn't ready. I shook my head in disbelief.. There had been more than enough time for my order to be cooked as I was inching along the way outside, and obviously I had been faster at arriving to the pick-up window before my sandwich did. I said (as I was still looking at the waiting car now just in front of me and still waiting), "No:.. In fact, just give me a refund, She then left, I guess to ask her manager about "refunds". When she finally came back, she had a bag with her, and tried to just hand it to me. Again, I said, "No thanks" I want my refund." Then she asked me to pull up as it would take time to do the paperwork. I said, "No way... besides there being a car still waiting just in front of me, and I couldn't "pull up" any further, I was in a hurry. She left again. A McD's employee, carrying a bag of food, suddenly appeared in front of the car waiting in front of me. I thought, well, that car is finally getting its order.. but I was wrong.. she crossed the parking lot to ANOTHER car waiting instead! The girl then appeared at my window and unceremoniously handed me my money back. I pulled out and drove off.. That car waiting was still waiting.

---
Hey, Columbus, has your tap water been as warm as ours is? When we cut on the "cold water". it's warmer than tepid. I wanna see my gas bill to be lower next time, as we barely have to turn on the "hot water" in our shower.

---
L-E headline: "Man stabs several people at Jerusalem gay pride parade" -- I really wasn't expecting to see any kind of story about a "gay pride parade" in Israel, in any Mid-East country for that matter, but it makes me wonder if one is scheduled for Tehran, Iran under Sharia law?

---
Online story: "Mullah Mohammad Akhtar Mansoor, who has been tapped to succeed Mullah Mohammad Omar as the Taliban's leader, is said to have close ties with authorities in Pakistan. * Mullah Mansoor's closeness to Islamabad could be crucial to Afghanistan's future. It places him in a good position to revive peace talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban hosted earlier this month by Pakistan, which in recent months has moved to improve relations with Afghanistan. Those talks were indefinitely postponed after Mullah Omar's death was announced this week. * But Mullah Mansoor faces a challenge: can he keep the Taliban united and rein in hard-liners who want to continue the 14-year insurgency, now that U.S. and NATO forces have stepped back? Or will the Taliban splinter?" -- And the Hydra rises.. now with two heads rather than one.
---
Online story: "Plane crashes are generally understood to be a bad thing, but NASA is now in the habit of crashing planes on purpose. * In an effort to build a better emergency alert system, a team at NASA's Langley Landing and Impact Research Facility outside Norfolk, Virginia recently dropped a Cessna 172 from 100 feet in the air. *The planned plane crashes are tests developed to help improve the durability of on-board emergency locator transmitters, or ELTs, in the event of a general aviation accident." -- ""NASA"? I s NASA going to start using Cessnas as Mars landing vehicles? Shouldn't test like this be conducted by the NTSB or the FAA?
---
Online headline: "Defense asks jury to spare Colo. shooter's life" -- Good grief.. Isn't this "the job" of a defense lawyer if he can't get a jury to entertain reasonable doubt? My question for the jury is, "What will society gain from not executing this savage?"
---
HuffPOOPOO headline: "Black Activists Pressure Obama To Defend Stateless Dominicans" -- How,, build them a fence along the border.. good luck with that..
---
Online headline: "Authorities hunt men who planted Confederate flags around Atlanta church where MLK preached" -- Good grief... why didn't officials just take them down, dispose of them, and go about their business. Now, a mountain has replaced a mole hill, as obviouslyy the culprits were looking for "15 minutes of fame", and mainscream media is giving them days, maybe weeks worth of publicity.
---
From the L-E's "Today in history" feature: "In 1972, Democratic vice-presidential candidate Thomas Eagleton withdrew from the ticket with George McGovern following disclosures that Eagleton had once undergone psychiatric treatment." -- Well.. the history rewriters are hard at work.. the Eagleton issue was more about his "electrical shock treatments". Of course, history proved Eagleton was saner than most Democrats as he walked away from the disaster of being buried with McGovern like Shriver did.
---
L-E story: "Phenix City Police are searching for the 220-pound man who allegedly robbed the Liberty gas station at 310 Seale Road today at 6:45 a.m." -- Good grief.. this story has two picturews catching him red-handed, and the L-E still calls it an "alleged" robbery?
---
From the "what an asinine question" department - L-E headline: "Why are so many people in jail?" -- Good grief... they've been caught committing CRIMES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Am opening up this blog for reader comments. Post responsibly, and identify yourself so others know who is saying what.

Some people like to "snipe" while concealed in the shadows.. those people are not worthy of having their comments addressed nor published.

For info sake.. recently, viewer numbers have eclipsed 29,000 on six continents (all but Antarctica).

Am foregoing advertising to bring you clutter free news and opinion.